This exercise is similar to 20 ideas for an artist date. It is designed to uncover those neglected aspirations and inspire you to try some of them out.
- List 5 hobbies that sound fun.
- List 5 classes that sound fun.
- List 5 things you personally would never do that sound fun.
- List 5 skills that would be fun to have.
- List 5 things you used to enjoy doing.
- List 5 silly things you would like to try once.
Choose one of the things from your buried dreams list and do them as your artist date.
As the morning pages nudge us increasingly into the present, where we pay attention to our current lives, a small shift like a newly painted bathroom can yield a luxuriously large sense of self-care.Julia Cameron, The Artist’s Way, p. 58